Sunday, September 17, 2006

And some more pain!

Have you ever experienced a shooting pain up your jaw when you eat? Well I have, it's happened on and off for a few years, but it would always go away, for the past week and a half it has continually gotten worse. It's behind my ear on the left side of my face where the jaw joint is. It started the same as always, a shooting pain when I ate, so I did what I always did, I applied pressure to it, only this time it stayed and it got worse. I went to a walk in clinic on Friday, the doctor couldn't feel anything, so he prescribed me an antibiotic and said to take ibuprofen. I thought I might have TMJ, but I don't which is apprently a could thing, cause it can be really painful and not easy to treat. Anyway, I had always been able to feel something behind my ear, a lump of some sort and I though it was getting bigger, so when the doctor said he couldn't feel anything I wanted to get a second opinion, so yesterday I went to a different doctor, he could feel something and said it was a swollen lymph node. Lymph nodes swell when they are fighting some sort of infection, he said not to take antbiotics because that would be a big "mess". So I haven't taken any anitibiotics but the pain is crazy intense, it's a constant sharp pulse. I can feel the node and how swollen it is, I'm just surprised at how much it is bothering me. I wonder if I should take the antibiotics, because it does not seem to be going away, so I guess I'll give it a few more days and continue to medicate myself with pain meds.

No comments: